Positions 05/26/20 10:12:21 AM|
Full time custom applicators needed at Stacyville, Toeterville and Rose Creek locations. Phone Doug Frodl at 507-402-0222.Position Summary: The custom applicator is responsible for properly applying agronomy products, driving truck and/or semi and helping in the grain and/or agronomy areas at each location as needed. Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Report for work as scheduled. Currently winter hours (0730-1700 hours) start after harvest and run to just before planting (~December thru March), summer hours (0700-1700 hours) start just before planting and run thru harvest (~March thru November), in season hours can be variable requiring much over-time.
- Know and follow all company safety policies and procedures. Perform work in a safe manner.
- Demonstrate work habits that develop, build and suport the team concept within Northern Country Coop
- Perform daily maintenance checks on all running equipment and trucks.
- Make minor improvements on equipment and facilities, as needed.
- Maintains equipment to insure safe and accurate application. Performs or ensures routine maintenance is performed on equipment, facilities and grounds.
- Reads and understands label information from manufacturers and distributors of pesticides, fertilizers, and other products containing hazardous chemicals.
- Applies products in a timely, effective and accurate manner.
- Follows guidelines for recording information on weather conditions, product used, field conditions and rates.
- Prepares, organizes, and maintains records to document activities.
- Commercial Chemical Applicators License (1A,1B,1C) is required.
- Maintain a valid Class A Commercial Drivers License with proper endorsements and commercial insurability at all times. To include a valid DOT physical.
- Drive application equipment such as floaters, row machines, tenders, etc. As well as grain, fertilizer, chemical and supply trucks as needed.
- PC, I-Pad and related computers and their associated software
- Courteously and efficiently receive and disburse grain.
- Operate scale, receiving control room and dryers.
- Ensure grain & all other NCC inventories stay in condition.
- Prepare rail cars and load cars according to specifications.
- Perform general housekeeping (ie. Sweep and clean grain and fertilizer plants, shop, warehouse, etc.) to maintain dust levels as well as Northern Country Coop’s image.
- Assist with other locations, as needed.
- Must be a team player, who is self-motivated, detail oriented and dependable
- Receives all ingredients and/or commodities and transfers to appropriate bins.
- Maintains and promotes a safe work environment
- Comply with current Northern Country Coop’s credit policies.